I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. 47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. 48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
Jesus Christ came to be a light to the world so that the vision of the people and their pathway in life shall be illuminated and not be covered in darkness”.
Jesus Christ as the Light, reveals to the world the hidden truth that will enable man to tell what is good and what is evil. Man will not have any excuse to say, there was no light that is why he could not identify in the dark the way to his divine destination. The way to true success and eternal life is revealed, the way to failure and eternal damnation is also exposed. Therefore the choice of which way to go is in the hands of man to make.
If we believe in Jesus Christ, then we should walk in the light and not in darkness.(Gal.5:19-21). We should be careful to do the will of God always so as to partake of the inheritance of the saints in light.(Col.1:12-14).
If any man, after hearing the word of God, chooses not to believe but continues to walk in darkness, Jesus Christ will not judge him, Jesus Christ will not condemn him.(Jn.3:16-21). Jesus Christ will not suddenly kill or destroy him. To steal, to kill, and to destroy is the ministry of Satan. Jesus Christ has come to save the world, He is the Saviour.
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
For any man that is a thief, a murderer, a fornicator or adulterer, an idol worshiper, a cheat, or a liar, etc, the light has shone that they should no longer walk in the evil imaginations of their heart. However if any should reject the word and refuse to walk in the light, the rejected word of God shall be the judge in the last day.
Jesus Christ has given every man the grace to repent and embrace the light. That grace expires in the last day. The last day is the end of the world. The end of the world for each person is the day of his/her death.(Heb.9:27,Ezek.18:21-23). The word is the judge that will judge every man in the last day. The word is Jesus Christ.(Jn,1:1) and he is also the consuming fire.(Isa.33:14,Heb.12:29).
What Must We Do:
If Jesus Christ who is with us as the saviour of the world will become the judge of the world in the last day, what manner of persons ought we to be. (Josh.24:15)(Rev.20:11-12).
- Live a true repented life.
- Spend more time with God in bible study and meditation.
- Seek the Lord always in prayers.
- Follow the Lord’s instructions.
- Live a life of faith.
- Evaluate our life always to ascertain if we are still walking in the Light.
2 Cor 13:5
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
Pray These Prayers:
- By the power in the blood of Jesus, I shall not abide in darkness, in the name of Jesus.
- By the power in the blood of Jesus, I reject darkness, I receive the light of God in the name of Jesus.
- Every manipulation and control of the devil detaining my life in darkness, release me in the name of Jesus.
- Oh Lord, strengthen me to walk in your light always, in the name of Jesus.
- The word of God shall not stand to judge me in the last day in the name of Jesus.
- By the grace and power of God, I and my household shall walk in the light of God, all the days of our life, in the name Jesus.
- Thank God for answered prayers.