That thou shouldest enter into covenant with the Lord thy God, and into his oath, which the Lord thy God maketh with thee this day: 13 That he may establish thee to day for a people unto himself, and that he may be unto thee a God, as he hath said unto thee, and as he hath sworn unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob. 14 Neither with you only do I make this covenant and this oath; 15 But with him that standeth here with us this day before the Lord our God, and also with him that is not here with us this day: 16 (For ye know how we have dwelt in the land of Egypt; and how we came through the nations which ye passed by; 17 And ye have seen their abominations, and their idols, wood and stone, silver and gold, which were among them:) 18 Lest there should be among you man, or woman, or family, or tribe, whose heart turneth away this day from the Lord our God, to go and serve the gods of these nations; lest there should be among you a root that beareth gall and wormwood; 19 And it come to pass, when he heareth the words of this curse, that he bless himself in his heart, saying, I shall have peace, though I walk in the imagination of mine heart, to add drunkenness to thirst: 20 The Lord will not spare him, but then the anger of the Lord and his jealousy shall smoke against that man, and all the curses that are written in this book shall lie upon him, and the Lord shall blot out his name from under heaven. 21 And the Lord shall separate him unto evil out of all the tribes of Israel, according to all the curses of the covenant that are written in this book of the law:
What Is A Covenant:
- A covenant is a solemn agreement between two or more people to establish a relationship where promises, responsibilities and consequences for breaking the agreement are spelled out.
- A covenant established, is legally binding on all parties and it has a spiritual life.Whether one is aware of the consequences of a covenant entered into or not, it will be enforced.
Facts About A Covenant:
- It has an enforcing spiritual power.
- A covenant established, lives from generation to generation.
- It has an influence on the life of one that established it, his off-springs and unborn generation.
- A person will suffer the consequences of a covenant broken by his parents or ancestors.
- Anyone that breaks an ancient covenant consciously or unconsciously will suffer its consequences.
A Covenant Can Be Made:
- Between God and man. (Gen.17:1-17).
- Between man and man. (1Sam.18:3).
- Between man and Satan. (Jer.44:25).
Types Of Covenant:
- Formal Covenant – This type of covenant is characterize by formalities and ceremony. eg. marriage, child dedication, etc.
- Informal Covenant – This could be a secret agreement between two people, between families or between communities. eg. Jonathan and David, two lovers on oath to marry each other, two or more communities in agreement to always unite against external aggression.
Consequences For Breaking A Covenant:
And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.
There are consequences for breaking a covenant. Some covenants are tied to specific punishment as agreed at the inception of the covenant. Other consequences are general in nature. However, a covenant breaker may likely suffer any of the following consequences:
- Vagabond life.
- Disaster and calamity.
- Affliction and infirmity.
- Failures and disappointments.
- Disfavoured life.
- Deaths. Etc.
Way Out Of Evil Covenants:
- Repent of your sins and on behalf of your parents and ancestors.
- Be genuinely born again.
- Renounce every evil covenant entered into.
- Pray aggressively, evil covenant destroying prayers.
- Barricade your life with the fire of the Holy Spirit.
- Stay with the word of God.
- Grow in faith.
- Pray destiny recovery prayers.
For: Power Against The Yokes Of Evil Covenant Prayers CLICK HERE