“And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.”
In the beginning, God created man and woman. He commanded fruitfulness and multiplication upon them. It is the divine purpose of God that man and woman should reproduce themselves. Any man or woman that is born into this world has the spiritual and physical ability to bring forth children.
Thou shalt be blessed above all people: there shall not be male or female barren among you, or among your cattle.
Reasons For Delay Or Outright Failure In Childbearing:
Knowing and understanding the reasons why child bearing could be an uphill task in some couples will go a long way in identifying the peculiar nature of each case and prayerfully proffering solutions.
Questions To Ponder:
- Why do some couple find it very difficult to conceive and bear children?
- Why do some couple suffer miscarriage without ceasing?
- Why are some couple bedeviled with stillbirth and infant mortality?
- Why do some couple die childless?
2 Sam 6:16,20,23
“And as the ark of the Lord came into the city of David, Michal Saul’s daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the Lord; and she despised him in her heart. 20.Then David returned to bless his household. And Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David, and said, How glorious was the king of Israel to day, who uncovered himself to day in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants, as one of the vain fellows shamelessly uncovereth himself! 23.Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death.”
“And if a man shall lie with his uncle’s wife, he hath uncovered his uncle’s nakedness: they shall bear their sin; they shall die childless. 21 And if a man shall take his brother’s wife, it is an unclean thing: he hath uncovered his brother’s nakedness; they shall be childless.”
Many reason can be adduced to difficulties, inability and delay in some couples child bearing life. these reasons can be deduced to the following categories:
- SIN – Anything done contrary to God’s will is a sin and attracts consequences. The sins of our ancestors, our parents, the environment we find ourselves can affect our fruitfulness negatively if not dealt with.
- CURSE – Anyone labouring under the yoke of a curse will have his or her benefits hijacked by the enemy. Evil foundations that are still active in one’s life can also be a barrier to childbearing.
- GENETIC DEFORMITY – Genetic disorder in a foundational problem. It is programmed by the enemy for a specific target. If the agenda is against childbearing, it will reduce the physical ability of the body from producing babies naturally as ordained by God.
- NEGATIVE HABITS – Negative habits acquired over time can destroy one’s potentials in childbearing. Living godless life, loveless life and in wickedness, in bitterness, in hatred, in envy etc. can place someone under demonic manipulation that may result in inability to bear children.
- FAITHLESSNESS – Anything done without faith will certainly not receive a quick response from God except God applies his mercy. Childbearing can face a delay if seeking God for solution is done without fully trusting God’s word and his faithfulness to his promises.
- GOD’S APPOINTED TIME – John 9:1-3 “And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. 2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? 3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.” God has a timeline for all things. The delay in childbearing in the life of Zachariah and Elizabeth was not a delay before God, for with God nothing shall be impossible.
Overcoming The Power Against Childbearing:
The promise of God comes with responsibility on the part of his children. Before any challenge will confront a child of God, He has beforehand released unto him/her sufficient grace to keep him, not only standing but moving towards victory direction.(1Cor.10;13).
For the grace of God to abound in us, and for us to be victorious in childbearing, we need to confine ourselves within the boundaries of the following:
- Genuine Salvation.
- Holy And Righteous Living.
- Patience And Endurance.
- Pray Inquiry Prayers To Know The Cause And Power Behind The Problem.
- Pray Fervent, Persistent And Targeted Prayers.
- Positive Utterances And Confessions.
- Work Of Charity
- Witnessing For Christ.
2 Peter 1:8,11
“For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.”
- Deliverance prayers should be done with absolute concentration and aggression.
- It is best prayed under fasting.
- It should be prayed from midnight to early hours of the morning,(12am-3am) for not less than seven consecutive nights to achieve instant result.
Sing praise and worship songs unto God intensively, with all your heart, before praying the prayer points.
- Thank God for making provision for deliverance from the bondage of darkness and it’s consequences.
- Confess your sins, that of your ancestors and ask God for forgiveness.
- Plead the blood of Jesus upon your body, soul, and spirit, and your environment.
- Call upon the Holy Spirit to lead you in this prayer in Jesus name.
- Sins of my ancestors, sins of my parents and every curse attached to them that have arrested my childbearing, loose your hold and expire, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, go into my generation past and loose my reproductive life from the stronghold of dark powers, in the name of Jesus.
- With the blood of Jesus, I break and release myself from every ancestral evil covenant, parental evil covenant and their enforcers harassing my life, my marriage and my destiny, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, break and remould me to conform to your dear Son, Jesus Christ.
- Every evil habit, manifesting in my life, closing the gate to my childbearing, release me and die, in the name of Jesus.
- I separate my body, soul and spirit from the strongman of evil habit in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, have mercy on my unbelief and strengthen my faith in your word, in the name of Jesus.
- Power to live by faith, possess my life in the name of Jesus.
- Every power of fear and doubt in my life, die in the name of Jesus.
- Powers that want me to surrender to failure, you are liars, die in the name of Jesus.
- Every spirit of discouragement and failure at the edge of breakthrough in my marriage, loose your hold and be terminated in the name of Jesus.
- Every yoke of delay in childbearing, upon my life and marriage, break and scatter in the name of Jesus.
- I receive divine power to conceive and bring forth babies from my womb in the name of Jesus.
- Begin to thank God for answered prayers in Jesus name.