The Lord shall smite thee with madness, and blindness, and astonishment of heart:
What Is Insanity?
Insanity can be defined as:
- A state of being insane.
- Unsoundness or disorder of the mind and or of the brain.
- A mental illness.
A Dictionary Commentary On Insanity State’s Thus:
- “What is the cause of insanity? Nobody can answer such a sweeping question as that, but we know that certain diseases such as syphilis, break down and destroy the brain cells and result in insanity. In fact, about one half of all mental diseases can be attributed to such physical causes as brain lesions, alcohol, toxins and injuries. But the other half – and this is the appalling part of the story – the other half of the people who go insane apparently have nothing organically wrong with their brain cells. In post-mortem examinations, when their brain tissues are studied under the highest powered microscopes, they are found to be apparently just as healthy as yours and mine. Why do these people go insane?”
From the dictionary commentary we can categorically say that about fifty percent of insane people have a physically traceable cause while the cause of the other fifty percent are unknown and untraceable by physical and scientific means.
Causes Of Insanity:
- Psychological pressure on the mind.
- Drug abuse and addiction.
- Spiritual Attack. (Physically And Scientifically Untraceable).
During a session of deliverance ministration, a voice spoke through the mouth of a lady who was yet to get married at the age of fifty-two years. The voice said, “we are spirits of her village idols in collaboration with the familiar spirits of her father’s house, on assignment to deny her getting married”. Reason been that, she was born to be great and through her, her family will become wealthy and famous. Her glorious destiny can only manifest if she get’s married and they are assigned to stop her from getting married. The voice also said, “if we fail to stop her from getting married, she will be struck with madness”. This is the kind of insanity that the cause is untraceable by physical or scientific means, You can only trace and deal with it by spiritual means. Greater number of those with physically traceable insanity are also spiritually manipulated to walk the path of madness. (1Kings.22:22).
Reasons Why People Are Afflicted With Insanity:
- To dispossess them of their possessions.
- To reproach their family.
- To divert them from their glorious destiny.
- Envy and rivalry.
- There could be a curse in their ancestral lineage.
- They themselves are evil and wicked.
Mark 5:1-9 “And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes. 2 And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, 3 Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains: 4 Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him. 5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones. 6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him, 7 And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not. 8 For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit. 9 And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many”.
Characteristics Of Insane People:
Since they are spiritually possessed or mentally deranged, insane people are known to exhibit the following :-
- Physical strength.
- Stubborn disobedience
- Absent mindedness. (Unconscious of their doings and environment).
- Incoherent speech.
- Extreme quietness and solitude. (Ready to spring surprise action).
How To Wrought Deliverance For The Insane:
The sure and guaranteed way to rescue the insane, especially those under spiritual attack and manipulation is by spiritual means. This will involve:
- Holiness – Those standing in the gap for an insane person must be spiritually correct as they intercede. “And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?”. (Acts 19:15).
- Intensive Fasting And Targeted Prayers – “Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting”. ( Matt 17:21). The victim should also be subjected to fasting.
- Deliverance Ministration – The demons in-charge must be addressed with authority of the scripture. The demons should be bind and cast out of their victim, never to return.
- Healing And Restoration Prayers – This round of prayers follows after deliverance has taken place.
- Faith And Determination should be absolute. There should be no giving up, no mater the threat, violence and resistance of the demons responsible. If the demons of insanity in Mk 5:1-9, surrendered to Jesus Christ, they will also surrender to anyone in Christ that confronts them with faith and determination.
Heb 11:6 “But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him”.
For: Deliverance From Insanity Prayer Points – CLICK HERE