Text: Gen 41:1-37
Num 12:6 And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the Lord will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.
Job 33:15-18 In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; 16 Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction, 17 That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man. 18 He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.
What Is A Dream:
From the dictionary definition:
- Dream is an imaginary events seen in the mind while sleeping
- A visionary scheme.
- The use of mental faculty to imaginary plan and see the outcome of your thoughts. (Day dreaming).
Spiritually, the definition of dream is deeper and more meaningful, because it is God centered.
- Dream is a means by which God communicate with us, gives us information or show us things in our sleep.
- Dream is a vision or revelation we receive during sleep.
- Dream is mostly a spiritual activity that occur while sleeping.
- Dream is having a physical like experience with series of thoughts, pictures, images and activities as if in real life situation during sleep.
Why Dreaming Is Important:
God loves us and uses our dreams to send information to us, to save us and guide us into His divine purpose for our lives. During the day, we are so busy, our thoughts are after so many things and hardly can we be attentive to hear God in our spirit. It is during sleep period, when the body, soul and spirit is quiet that God can gain the attention of our spirit and seal it with information and directives.
With Dreams We Can Know:
- Our spiritual condition. How much we are close to God or to Satan.
- Things that happened in the past, no matter how many years behind.
- Thing that are currently happening, no matter where in the universe.
- Things to happen in the future, even things without time limit.
- Who is against us and who is for us.
- The evil plans of our enemies.
- What to do, when to do it and what not to do.
- Where to go, when to go and where not to go.
- The path to follow that leads to fulfilling our destiny.
- Dangers around us and dangers ahead of us.
What we do with dream information and instructions may be a determinant factor whether we succeed or fail in life.
Who Should Dream:
Since everybody sleeps, everyone is entitled to dream. Some people claim that they do not dream. This is not true, what is happening to them is that they are so engrossed in fleshly living, thereby suffocating the spirit. Their dream antenna is so weak that it can not connect the dream world. The enemy has blank their dream life. Some people know that they dream but when they wake up, it has disappeared or they can not put the dream together to comprehend it. The enemy has entered into the dream to erase it before they woke up. Since dreams help us to know our spiritual status, our physical status, the plans and activities of the enemy against us and God’s blueprint for our lives, the enemy will not want us to remember our dreams so that we do not take action concerning them.
Interpretation Of Dreams:
And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, I have dreamed a dream, and there is none that can interpret it: and I have heard say of thee, that thou canst understand a dream to interpret it. (Gen 41:15)
The interpretation of dream is a spiritual gift. Some dreams are plain and direct, the dreamer can easily understand their meaning. Other dreams are complex and confusing to the dreamer. This type of dream can not be fully interpreted except by a dream interpreter. Some people, due to experience, can match dreams and give interpretation to them but they are sometimes wrong. A wrongly interpreted dream can be a disaster. Two dreams may be similar but the interpretations are different. The gift of interpretation of dreams is giving by the Holy Spirit. God sends the dream and the Holy Spirit interprets it correctly. “As for these four children, God gave them knowledge and skill in all learning and wisdom: and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams”. (Dan 1:17).
Good And Bad Dreams:
Bad dreams don’t come from Satan as many believe. Good and bad dreams come from God. Whether good or bad, they are all for our own good. How we respond to our dream is what matters.
- Good Dream. – It is for us to pray and conduct ourselves rightly for its manifestation.
- Bad Dream. – It is for us to pray and conduct ourselves against its manifestation or escape the evil in its manifestation.
Some Dreams And Their Interpretation:
- Eating, Drinking, Smoking Or Being Injected – It means, pollution of the body, depositing of evil materials into the body. If not arrested, before long, there will be manifestations of weakness, laziness, spiritual lukewarmness, disease, sickness, etc.
- Clean Or Dirty Environment – It means sound and sanctified spiritual life or corrupt and worldly life.
- Misplacing, Or Not Able To Locate Your Bible – An attack on your spiritual life or ministry.
- A Married Woman Seeing Herself Living In Her Father’s House – It means that spiritually, she is still tied to her father’s house or the enemy is determined to break her marriage. If nothing is done about it, she will have a failed marriage.
- Seeing Coffin, Dead Relatives Or Place Of Mourning – It means that death is looming, either for the dreamer or for someone close to him. Urgent action must be taking to stop it.
- One’s Hair Being Shaved – One’s glory has been stolen or the enemy is about stealing it.
- Seeing One’s Self Naked, In Rags Or Unkempt – This could be attack of insanity or poverty. Urgent action need to be taken.
- Having Sex In The Dream – It means the presence of spiritual spouse. The consequences are grievous if nothing is done about it. eg:
- Unable to have a steady relationship.
- Difficulty in having children.
- Unable to progress in business or career.
- Rejection and hatred.
- Committing unpardonable mistakes and errors.
- Life of hardship.
- Acidic poverty.
- Sudden death of spouse.
These interpretations are based on the experience of previous counseling, however, there is a whole lot to consider in a dream picture in other to arrive at a precise interpretation. This can only be done by the leading of the Holy Spirit, who knows the mind of God and the peculiarity of each dream, to give its precise interpretation.
What Actions To Take About Our Dreams:
- Where dreams can not be remembered, check your spiritual and prayer life. Pray to cleanse and sanctify your dream channel.
- Try getting up immediately after a dream, stay still to recollect it, write it down on a notebook and say a brief prayer concerning the dream, you may then go back to sleep. If this is not done and you continue in your sleep, you may lose part or all of it when you eventually wake up.
- If you had a dream and can not remember it, go to God in prayer, requesting Him to repeat the dream. He will send back the exact dream to you.
- Get the true interpretation of your dream without delay.
- Pray to God for wisdom to use the dream for your good and benefit.
- Seek deliverance ministration if necessary.
- With targeted prayers, fasting and wisdom, start working on the interpreted dream to bring out the blessing in it.
For Prayers On My Dreams Must Count – CLICK HERE