“For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. 20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me”.
What Is Addiction:
An addiction is defined as, A chronic dysfunction of the brain system that involves reward, motivation, and memory. It’s about the way your body craves a substance or behaviour, especially if it causes a compulsive or obsessive pursuit of reward and lack of concern over consequences.
- Addiction can emanate from the mind. This is when one is drawn by lust, to crave after a destructive habit. “But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death”. (James 1:14-15)
- Addiction can also be an attack from the spiritual realm on one’s spirit. A man was handed a cup of alcohol in the dream, that was the beginning of his addiction to alcohol. That dream was a revelation to him that the enemy intends to sift him but unfortunately, he did nothing about it.
Physicians, Physiologists and Psychologists can handle and solve addictions that emanated from the mind, but it will take a spiritual battle to deal with addictions projected from the spiritual realm.
Types Of Addiction:
There are many types of addiction, but we will limit ourselves to these ones that destroys not only our body, but bring disgrace to us and our family.
- Alcohol dependence.
Consequences Of Addiction:
There are serious consequences, if addiction is not urgently dealt with. Some of these consequences are:
- Depression and mental issues.
- Cravings and withdrawal syndrome.
- Health challenges.
- Not taken serious nor trusted by others.
- Slave to bankruptcy and debt.
- Wasteful life.
- Untimely death.
Way Out Of Of The Bondage Of Addiction:
- Genuine repentance, confess and forsaking your evil ways.
- Plead sincerely for God’s mercy, forgiveness and intervention.
- Fast and pray without ceasing, until the yoke is destroyed.
- Seek deliverance ministration.
- Read and meditate on the word of God always.
- Have faith in the efficacy of God.
- Seek also, for medical treatment.
“The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth. 19 He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them”. (Ps 145:18-19)
- Deliverance From Drug Addiction PRAYERS – CLICK HERE
- Deliverance From Alcohol Dependence And Smoking PRAYERS – CLICK HERE
- Deliverance From Food Addiction PRAYERS – CLICK HERE
- Deliverance From Sex Addiction PRAYERS – CLICK HERE