Day 1 (29/12/2022)
PAY YOUR DEBT TO GOD
Text: Genesis 28:20-22
“And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on,
So that I come again to my father’s house in peace; then shall the LORD be my God:
And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God’s house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee”.
Confession: Ecclesiastes 5:4-5
“When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed.
Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay”.
When we make a vow, a pledge or a promise to God, it remains a debt until it is paid. Unpaid debts to God will hinder prayers, erase divine protection, forestall blessings and roll back successes.
It is time to take stock of your indebtedness to God, plead for forgiveness, pay or reschedule your payment with his approval.
“I have peace offerings with me; this day have I payed my vows.
Therefore came I forth to meet thee, diligently to seek thy face, and I have found thee”.
- Praise and worship God in songs:
- Thank God who has been faithful to his promises to you despite your unfaithfulness, in the name of Jesus.
- Ask God to forgive you for not living up to your promises and pledges to him, in the name of Jesus.
- Plead the blood of Jesus for your cleansing, reconciliation and restoration, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Spirit, purge out of my life, every seed of unrighteousness and wickedness towards God, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Spirit, renew my spirit man, make me responsive and faithful to my commitments to God, in the name of Jesus.
- My father, have mercy on me, do not hold my indebtedness continually against me, forgive me and cancel them, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power or personality, using my indebtedness to God to cage my life and answers to my prayers, be paralyzed by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- By the power in the blood of Jesus, I walk in perfect relationship with God, in the name of Jesus.
- My delayed and denied breakthroughs and blessings, be released to me now, in the name of Jesus.
- Begin to thank God for answered prayers in Jesus name.